Nvisionu fails to provide ownership and executive information on its website.
Nvisionu’s website domain (“nvisionu.com”), was first registered in 2003. The private registration was last updated on July 25th, which I believe is on or around when ownership changed hands.
This Nvisionu review is a reader request. I was tipped off that the company was owned and operated by former IM Mastery Academy earners, David Imonitie and Ivan Tapia.
I was able to confirm this via a lawsuit filed by IM Mastery Academy against defendants Imonitie, Tapia, Spela Sluga, Devon Roeser and Nvision U INC. on June 24th.
The (defendants) either resigned or terminated their agreements with IML, and then conspired to and began to recruit and solicit other IBOs and contractors, and to directly compete with IML in the marketplace.
The (defendants) breached their contracts with IML by, among other things, leaving IML and immediately forming and/or joining a competing company, Nvisionu.
We’ll get more into IM Mastery Academy’s lawsuit in the conclusion of this review.
David Imonitie is Nvisionu’s CEO.
Imonitie joined IM Mastery Academy back in 2016, when it operated as iMarketsLive.
Owner Chris Terry changed the company’s name to IM Master Academy in 2019. This happened after the CFTC fined iMarketsLive for commodities fraud in 2018.
Ivan Tapia joined IM Mastery Academy in 2015. Tapia was even higher in IM Mastery Academy, reaching the rank of Chairman Elite.
This is the same rank as marketing posterboy Alex Morton, believed to be IM Mastery Academy’s top earner.
BehindMLM maintains IM Mastery Academy is a pyramid scheme openly committing securities fraud.
What would prompt two top earners in an established, albeit believed to be operating illegally, MLM company jump ship?
Read on for a full review of Nivisionu’s MLM opportunity.
Nvisionu combines an e-learning platform with nutritional supplements.
Nvisionu’s e-learning platform spans multiple niches, providing access to
- Q&A sessions
- community engagement
- badges, points and rewards
- certificates of achievement
- course workbooks & guides
- 2-week learning sprints
- 12 month courses and
- live educator sessions (marked coming soon)
Access to Nvisionu’s e-learning platform is sold in packs:
- Bronze Pack (1 course) – $200 and then $130 a month
- Silver Pack (2 courses) – $500 and then $190 a month
- Gold Pack (4 courses) – $1000 and then $250 a month
Additional courses can be added to Bronze and Silver for $200 and then $140 a month.
Nvisionu’s nutritional supplements is a range of sprays:
- Empowered – energy through vitamin B12
- Krave – appetite suppressant
- Dreaming – sleep aid
Nvisionu’s spray supplements are sold in multi-packs:
- Body Balance 3 – $75 for 3 sprays
- Body Balance 6 – $150 for 6 sprays
- Body Balance 12 – $280 for 12 sprays
Nvisionu’s Compensation Plan
Up until recently, Nvisionu provided compensation details on their website.
I’ve put this section of the review together based on a cached version of that deleted document, compared against another compensation document a reader sent in.
There is some conflict between the two documents, namely Team Consultant and Lead Consultant order (which is a higher rank).
Together the documents fill in blanks between them, so I believe the following is a complete and accurate representation of Nivisionu’s compensation plan.
Nivisonu’s compensation plan pays retail, residual and autoship commissions. A Matching Bonus is also on offer.
Nvisionu rank qualification, commissions and bonuses are based on sales volume (BV).
BV is generated via retail and affiliate purchases of Nvisionu products:
- Body Balance 3 – 50 BV in rank and residual commission volume and 50 BV in unilevel team volume a month
- Body Balance 6 – 100 BV in rank and residual commission volume and 100 BV in unilevel team volume a month
- Body Balance 12 – 200 BV in rank and residual commission volume and 200 BV in unilevel team volume a month
- individual course – 160 BV in rank volume, 75 BV in residual commission volume and 100 BV in unilevel team volume a month
- Bronze Pack – 160 BV in rank volume, 75 BV in residual commission BV and 100 BV in unilevel team volume a month
- Silver Pack – 400 BV in rank volume, 150 BV in residual commision BV and 150 BV in unilevel team volume a month
- Gold and Founders Pack – 800 BV in rank volume, 300 BV in residual commission BV and 200 BV in unilevel team volume a month
Nvisionu Affiliate Ranks
There are twelve affiliate ranks within Nvisionu’s compensation plan.
Along with their respective qualification criteria, they are as follows:
- Consultant – sign up as an Nvisionu affiliate with a Pack
- Team Consultant – refer and maintain two retail customers and generate and maintain 300 PV and 1000 GV a month
- Lead Consultant – maintain two personally referred retail customers, maintain 300 PV a month and generate and maintain 2500 GV a month
- Champion – maintain two personally referred retail customers and 300 PV a month, and generate and maintain 5000 GV a month
- Sapphire – maintain two personally referred retail customers and 300 PV a month, generate and maintain 10,000 GV a month, recruit at least two Consultants or higher and have two downline legs with a Team Consultants or higher in each
- Ruby – refer and maintain three personally referred retail customers, generate and maintain 400 PV and 25,000 GV a month, and maintain one recruitment leg with at least one Lead Consultant or higher in it
- Emerald – maintain three personally referred retail customers and 400 PV a month, generate and maintain 50,000 GV a month and maintain one recruitment leg with at least one Champion or higher in it
- Diamond – refer and maintain four personally referred retail customers, generate and maintain 500 PV and 100,000 GV a month, and maintain three recruitment legs with one Champion or higher in two and one Sapphire or higher in the other
- Double Diamond – maintain four personally referred retail customers and 500 PV a month, generate and maintain 250,000 GV a month, and maintain three recruitment legs with a Champion or higher in one, a Sapphire or higher in the second and a Ruby or higher in the third
- Triple Diamond – maintain four personally referred retail customers and 500 PV a month, generate and maintain 500,000 GV a month, and maintain three recruitment legs with a Sapphire or higher in one, a Ruby or higher in the second and an Emerald or higher in the third
- Global Visionary Diamond – maintain four personally referred retail customers and 500 PV a month, generate and maintain 1,000,000 GV a month, and maintain three recruitment legs with a Ruby or higher in one, an Emerald or higher in the second and a Diamond or higher in the third
- Ambassador Visionary Diamond – maintain four personally referred retail customers and 500 PV a month, generate and maintain 2,500,000 GV a month, and maintain three recruitment legs with an Emerald or higher in one, a Diamond or higher in the second and a Double Diamond or higher in the third
- Imperial Visionary Diamond – maintain four personally referred retail customers and 500 PV a month, generate and maintain 5,000,000 GV a month, and maintain three recruitment legs with a Diamond or higher in one and a Double Diamond or higher in the other two
To count towards rank qualification, retail customers must be purchasing at least 100 BV a month worth of product. 1 BV translates over to 1 PV and 1 GV.
PV stands for “Personal Volume”. With respect to Nvisionu rank qualification, it’s restricted to retail volume only.
GV stands for “Group Volume”. Group Volume is total sales volume generated by an Nvisionu affiliate and their downline.
Nvisionu affiliates earn commissions on the sale of supplements to retail customers.
Whether the e-platform can be sold to retail customers is unclear.
Nvisionu affiliates earn commissions when they recruit package affiliates.
Recruitment commissions are paid down three levels of recruitment (unilevel):
- recruitment of a Bronze package affiliate pays $50 on level 1 (personally recruited affiliates), $20 on level 2 and $10 on level 3
- recruitment of a Silver package affiliate pays $175 on level 1, $50 on level 2 and $25 on level 3
- recruitment of a Founders and Gold package affiliate pays $350 on level 1, $100 on level 2 and $50 on level 3
How many levels recruitment commissions are earned on is determined by rank:
- Consultants earn recruitment commissions on level 1
- Consultants who have recruited two Consultants or higher earn recruitment commissions on levels 1 and 2
- Sapphires and higher earn recruitment commissions on levels 1 to 3
Nvisionu rewards affiliates who recruit package affiliates with points:
- recruit a Bronze Package affiliate and receive 50 points
- recruit a Silver Package affiliate and receive 175 points
- recruit a Gold Package affiliate and receive 350 points
- recruit a Founders Package affiliate and receive 350 points
Nvisionu provide a disclaimer which states:
Points are not cash payments and cannot be redeemed for cash.
They must be used for Nvisionu products or services.
Nvisionu don’t specify the dollar equivalent points are worth within the company.
Nvisionu pays residual commissions via a binary compensation structure.
A binary compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a binary team, split into two sides (left and right):
The first level of the binary team houses two positions. The second level of the binary team is generated by splitting these first two positions into another two positions each (4 positions).
Subsequent levels of the binary team are generated as required, with each new level housing twice as many positions as the previous level.
Positions in the binary team are filled via direct and indirect recruitment of affiliates. Note there is no limit to how deep a binary team can grow.
At the end of each week, Nvisionu tallies up new sales volume on both sides of the binary team.
Qualifying volume includes retail orders, affiliate orders and affiliate recruitment packages.
Nvisionu affiliates earn a percentage of $300 groups, matched on both sides of the binary team.
E.g. $1500 on both sides of the binary team would equate to 5 residual commission groups, each of which a residual commission percentage would be paid out on.
Residual commission rates are determined by rank or how much an Nvisionu affiliate spent or their rank.
- sign up as a Bronze Package Nvisionu affiliate with a Bronze Package and earn a 10% residual commission rate
- sign up as a Silver Package Nvisionu affiliate or qualify as a Champion, and receive a 15% residual commission rate
- sign up as a Gold or Founders Package Nvisionu affiliate or qualify as a Visionary Sapphire, and receive a 20% residual commission rate
Residual commission weekly caps are determined by rank:
- Team Consultants can earn up to $500 a week
- Lead Consultants can earn up to $1000 a week
- Champions can earn up to $1500 a week
- Visionary Sapphires can earn up to $2500 a week
- Visionary Rubys can earn up to $5000 a week
- Visionary Emeralds can earn up to $10,000 a week
- Visionary Diamonds can earn up to $15,000 a week
- Double Visionary Diamonds can earn up to $20,000 a week
- Triple Visionary Diamonds can earn up to $30,000 a week
- Global Visionary Diamonds can earn up to $50,000 a week
- Ambassador Visionary Diamonds can earn up to $75,000 a week
- Imperial Visionary Diamonds can earn up to $125,000 a week
Once paid out on, volume is flushed from both sides of the binary team. If an Nvisionu affiliate has an active autoship order, leftover volume carries over.
Nvisionu pays a Matching Bonus on residual commissions earned by downline affiliates.
The Matching Bonus is paid out down two levels of recruitment:
- Team Consultants to Rubys earn a 50% match on level 1
- Emeralds earn a 50% match on level 1 and 10% on level 2
- Diamonds earn a 50% match on level 1 and 15% on level 2
- Double Diamonds earn a 50% match on level 1 and 20% on level 2
- Triple Diamonds earn a 50% match on level 1 and 30% on level 2
- Global Visionary Diamonds earn a 50% match on level 1 and 40% on level 2
- Ambassador Visionary Diamonds and higher earn a 50% match on level 1 and 50% on level 2
Nvisionu pays a commission on monthly retail and recruited affiliate autoship order volume.
Autoship commissions are paid out via the unilevel team, tied to the three largest volume unilevel team legs each month:
- 50% is paid out on largest leg volume
- 35% is paid out on the second largest leg volume
- 15% is paid out on the third largest leg volume
Rank Achievement Bonus
Nvisionu rewards affiliates for qualifying at certain ranks with additional monthly volume requirements:
- rank at Consultant or higher with 1100 GV a month and three personally referred retail customers = $500 a month
- rank at Consultant or higher with 2500 GV a month and three personally referred retail customers = $1000 a month
- rank at Lead Consultant or higher with 4000 GV a month and three personally referred retail customers = $2500 a month
- rank at Team Consultant or higher with 8000 GV a month and three personally referred retail customers = $5000 a month
- rank at Champion or higher with 20,000 GV a month and three personally referred retail customers = $10,000 a month
- rank at Sapphire or higher with 50,000 GV a month and three personally referred retail customers = $15,000 a month
In addition to rank requirements, Rank Achievement Bonus qualification requires “55% of volume come from customer packages (and) must have three or four personally enrolled customers”.
Nvisionu affiliate membership is $19.99 a month or $200 annually if paid in cryptocurrency. Nvisionu don’t specify which cryptocurrency they accept.
To qualify for MLM commissions, either e-learning platform or supplement spray packs must also be purchased:
E-learning Platform Packs
- Bronze Pack (1 course) – $199 and then $130 a month
- Silver Pack (2 courses) – $499 and then $190 a month
- Gold Pack (4 courses) – $999 and then $250 a month
- Founders Pack (also 4 courses ???) – $1499 and then $250 a month
- Bronze Pack (9 sprays) – $239 and then $150 a month
- Silver Pack (27 sprays) – $599 and then $190 a month
- Gold Pack (54 sprays) – $1199 and then $280 a month
- Founders Pack (?) – $1499 and then $280 a month
Other than a higher price-tag, there’s no immediately obvious difference between Nvisionu’s Gold and Founders Packs.
If you’ve read this far and are wondering how IM Mastery Academy considered Nvisionu a “competing company”, as revealed in their lawsuit:
IML has been working on and will launch a health and wellness program in late 2022.
The (Nvisionu Defendants) have conspired to bribe, solicit, recruit, and entice other IML IBOs, customers, contractors, employees and educators away from IML and to Nvisionu.
The (Nvisionu Defendants) knowingly, intentionally, and wrongfully took Confidential Information and intellectual property from IML, and improperly and illegally gave the information to Nvisionu and/or its representatives and agents.
The (Nvisionu Defendants) published false statements, and statements in violation of their IBO Agreements, on social media platforms regarding IML, its employees, and IBOs in order to harm IML’s reputation and statute in the marketplace and promote Nvisionu.
IBO Defendant Imonitie knowingly and intentionally encouraged this conduct in violation of his IBO Agreement.
IML suffered financial harm as a result of the IBO and Contractor Defendants and Nvisionu’s wrongful conduct.
In a nutshell, IM Mastery Academy claims it had planned to launch what Nvisionu has launched. Immonitie and Tapia stand accused of basically stealing those plans to go off and launch Nvisionu with.
Interestingly, IM Mastery Academy dropped it lawsuit four days after it was filed.
On June 26th IM Mastery Academy filed a Notice of Voluntary Dismissal. No reason for the dismissal was provided. It remains unclear whether money changed hands.
Meanwhile I couldn’t help but notice the following in tiny text, present in the footer of Nvisionu’s website:
Members, customers, or distributors of IM Academy or its subsidiaries must wait 6 months after the official date of resignation to join NVisionU or any of its subsidiaries.
I’m assuming that was part of a settlement reached, with IM Mastery Academy planning to announce its own broader e-learning platform and supplement additions within the next 5 to 6 months.
Given Immonitie and Tapia were both top earners in IM Mastery Academy, one can imagine them going off and launching their own very similar opportunity, means the money dried up.
Realizing that no matter how high they climbed as affiliates, they’d still never earn as much as company owners, likely also factored in.
Whatever the case now we have Nvisionu, which feels very similar to IM Mastery Academy – minus the securities fraud (at least for now).
Something Nvisionu has which IM Mastery Academy doesn’t is retail volume qualifiers.
E.g. Nvisionu’s definition of PV and customers;
A specified number (2, 3, or 4) customer packs with 100QV+ each with any combination of personal purchase or personal retail sales volume for the remaining 100QV.
A customer buys a product at the same price as a Visionary Builder. A person is considered a customer until they buy the Visionary Builder Kit.
This is normally great to see, but at the same time sets up Nvisionu affiliates for failure.
While its compensation plan and business model are vastly more legally compliant than IM Mastery Academy’s, Nvisionu’s e-learning platform and supplements are its weakest component.
Nvisionu claims its courses are worth $2500 each. What’s that based on? No idea.
Nvisionu are selling courses to consumers without providing any information on who’s behind them or what their expertise in the represented areas.
Immonitie and Tapia could have just easily got some bros to play expert in its courses, who knows.
Nvisionu’s supplement line isn’t much better. You get something tangible for your money, but it’s an obviously white labeled offering from who knows who, manufactured who knows where.
Again this is what’s being marketed to consumers.
Without retail volume requirements I’d be confident Nvisionu set itself to operate as a pyramid scheme. That is nobody is buying anything except affiliates.
I expect that to still be the case (disclaimers aside, Immonitie and Tapia both had large IM Mastery Academy downlines), with getting retail customers to sign up for “trust me bro” courses and “me too” supplements making or breaking the company.
Once the shine of “Oh top earner leaders, if I follow them and get in early maybe I can be a leader too” wears off, I think retail volume requirements are going to hamstring the majority of Nvisionu affiliates.
That’s not a problem with the requirements, it’s a problem with Nvisionu’s as presented weak retail offering.
Two things I’m baffled on is why anyone is buying Founder’s Packs, and why there’s a general lack of information provided on Nvisionu’s website.
I have a gut feeling there’s some financial benefit to buying an Nvisionu Founder’s Pack that’s not being openly disclosed. Otherwise it makes no sense to pay $500 more over the Gold Pack.
Being a new company Nvisionu has a grace period with required disclosure, but window drastically shortens once they start taking money (which I believe Nvisionu is already doing).
Executive, detailed product information and compensation details are mandatory. Anyone company failing to provide this is choosing to leave consumers unable to make an informed decision about the company.
Said companies may also be operating in violation of the FTC Act.
The last thing I find problematic is Nvisionu’s pay to play recruitment model.
If you want to participate in the MLM side of the business, you have to buy a Pack. This sets Nvisionu up for pyramid recruitment, but the retail volume requirements ultimately balance everything out.
It’s an understandable identity crisis Immonitie and Tapia have brought over from IM Mastery Academy, but they need to decide whether Nvisionu is going to operate as a pyramid scheme or a legitimate MLM company.
As I’ve stated previously, operating inbetween will set up the majority of affiliates for failure. On the frontend you’ll attract pyramid scammers, who’ll then lose money because they aren’t interested in selling to retail customers. Or can’t because retail customers aren’t inclined to spend hundreds to thousands on non-descript courses and supplements.
Pending Nvisionu addressing these concerns, approach with caution.
IM Mastery Academy is a full-blown scam and, through direct and indirect recruitment of thousands who have or will ultimately lose money, both Immonitie and Tapias are a big part of that.