SunSolar fails to provide company ownership or executive information on its website.
SunSolar’s website domain (“sunsolar.one”), was privately registered on April 20th, 2022.
Of note is SimilarWeb tracking over 4 million SunSolar website visits in August 2022:
The majority of these visits originate out of Nigeria (75%). Neighbouring Benin is the only other significant source of SunSolar traffic (23%).
As always, if an MLM company is not openly upfront about who is running or owns it, think long and hard about joining and/or handing over any money.
SunSolar has no retailable products or services.
Affiliates are only able to market SunSolar affiliate membership itself.
SunSolar’s Compensation Plan
SunSolar affiliates invest Nigerian Naira on the promise of hourly returns:
- Cheetah HC 60M – invest ₦4000 and receive ₦11.5 an hour
- Cheetah HC 72M – invest ₦10,000 and receive ₦12.3 an hour
- Tiger Bifacial – invest ₦30,000 and receive ₦36.8 an hour
- Tiger Monofacial – invest ₦90,000 and receive ₦117 an hour
- Tiger Pro 72HC Bifacial – invest ₦200,000 and receive ₦285 an hour
- Tiger Pro 72HC Monofacial – invest ₦500,000 and receive ₦772 an hour
- Tiger Neo 60HC – invest ₦800,000 and receive ₦1350 an hour
Note that despite the investment tiers having solar equipment names, SunSolar investment has nothing to do with solar equipment.
Note that SunSolar charges a 20% fee on all withdrawals.
The MLM side of SunSolar pays on recruitment of affiliate investors.
SunSolar pays referral commissions on invested naira down three levels of recruitment (unilevel):
- level 1 (personally recruited affiliates) – 5%
- level 2 – 2%
- level 3 – 1%
SunSolar affiliates receive a ₦30 commission per affiliate they recruit who invests.
SunSolar affiliates receive a bonus if they meet the following recruitment criteria:
- recruit 1 affiliate and receive ₦200
- recruit 3 affiliates and receive ₦600
- recruit 10 affiliates and receive ₦2000
- recruit 50 affiliates and receive ₦15,000
- recruit 100 affiliates and receive ₦30,000
- recruit 200 affiliates and receive ₦80,000
- recruit 500 affiliates and receive ₦200,000
- recruit 1000 affiliates and receive ₦500,000
- recruit 2000 affiliates and receive ₦1,000,000
- recruit 5000 affiliates and receive ₦5,000,000
SunSolar affiliate membership is free.
Full participation in the attached income opportunity requires investment in Nigerian naira.
SunSolar solicits investment in naira through OnePay.
SunSolar is yet another “click a button” app Ponzi scheme.
SunSolar differs from regular “click a button” Ponzis for two distinct reasons:
Firstly instead of offering a direct download, SunSolar has gotten an app on Google Play Store under “sunsloar”:
Thus far Google Play Store has recorded over 50,000 downloads of SunSolar’s Ponzi app.
Second is the solar themed ruse. This is the first time I’ve seen a solar themed “click a button” Ponzi.
The ruse behind SunSolar is generating solar power equates to an hourly return.
To that end I believe affiliate investor have to “click a button” every hour to qualify for returns.
This is the same “click a button” business model all these scam apps use.
Clicking a button doesn’t generate revenue. All SunSolar are doing is shuffling around newly invested funds to pay existing investors.
SunSolar is part of a group of “click a button” app Ponzis that have emerged since late 2021.
Including SunSolar, BehindMLM has thus far documented thirty-nine “click a button” app Ponzis. Most of them last a few weeks to a few months before collapsing.
The same group of Chinese scammers are believed to be behind the “click a button” app Ponzi plague.